Color Picker - Magento extension that allows to show configurable products in different colors, shapes and designs. Each product can have several prices, titles, descriptions and images, which get automatically updated, when switching between the options. The product image can be magnified with the standard zoom in Magento.
From now on you don’t need to upload tons of images to display different color options - just pick the one you need from the friendly color selector or type in the color code manually! Moreover, you can still upload images for specific option if needed. With Color Picker, your customers will be thankful for saving their precious time.
Color Picker provides a high customization with distribution. You will be able to configure the sizes of boxes for swatch and tooltip options view. The system will generate appropriate thumbnails with selected sizes, so you won’t worry about cropping and resizing images for each option.
- product attribute options appear as swatches on configurable products;
- can be used for different attribute types besides color e.g. size, model, manufacturer etc.;
- supports unlimited number of attributes for one product;
- ability to change product images, thumbnails, titles, prices and color thumbnail images depending on the swatch selection;
- can be used together with Magento's default dropdown boxes on configurable products;
- friendly tooltip for each color option of the swatch selection;
- supports few attributes in the attribute set;
- ability to add color code similar to Photoshop color selector or upload the image for each attribute option;
- swatch image size is configurable via Magento administration;
- setting up color thumbnail images size in administration;
- setting up tooltip size and position in administration.
Write Your Own Review
Color Picker Profile
Extension is also available on Magento Connect
Magento Editions Compatibility
- Magento CE 1.6
- Magento CE 1.6.1
- Magento CE 1.6.2
- Magento CE 1.7
- Magento CE 1.8
- Magento CE 1.8.1
- Magento CE 1.9
- Magento CE 1.9.1
- IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11
Color Picker For Configurable Products by Orange35 is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Product updates are available for free within 90 days from the product purchase date, then updates are available depending on the "Support Period" option selected during the purchase. Support Period can be readjusted upon your request.
14-Day Money Back. If having doubts on whether or not the extension is what you need, it's always better to contact us beforehand.
Bug Reporting/Feature Request
Would like to report a bug, request a new feature or simply ask a question? Feel free to either contact us via live chat, submit a contact form or email us at email@example.com and we'll gladly assist you.
Installation / Configuration
For installation assistance, please use our Installation Guide
Also, view our Video Guide below for more information on extension configuration.
How do I get the extension after the payment?
An email with your product license and extension archive file is sent to your email address specified at a checkout in a couple minutes from when the payment was made.
I made the payment but didn't receive my extension via email.
Check your Spam folder to see if the email landed in there and also make sure you specified correct email address at a checkout.
Your Color Picker is for configurable products, what is that and how do I set such a product?
Configurable product is one of the complex types of products available on Magento store. This is a default functionality available on every Magento website that once set allows users selecting the specific variant of the product by choosing options and before using our Color Picker for Configurable products extension, you must learn what Configurable Product is and how to set it. Magento provides its own tutorial to cover this question. You can also see our video that can help you configure your Product.
I've installed and set everything as described in instructions you provide, however switching between the options doesn't change product image.
This may be caused by the following reasons:
- The products associated with attribute options of the product you’re viewing have no images selected on the back end. To add an image to an associated product proceed with the following steps:
a) Go to Catalog → Manage Products → Hit Edit on the product you need.
b) Choose Associated Products tab in the left-hand navigation menu and choose one of the associated products to edit from the list down below the page.
c) In the opened window, hit Images tab in the left-hand navigation menu, upload an image and make sure it has all the radio buttons marked correctly and hit Save button afterwards.
- You have main image zooming tool, image gallery or any other outside module functioning on the product detail page that overrides image identifiers of the Magento default template used by our extension to switch the images (which is not a good practice). To check if that’s the case try disabling modules like that and see if that resolves the issue.
- You’re using a custom theme on your website that overrides image identifiers of the Magento default template used by our extension to switch the images. To check if that’s the case try switching to a default Magento website theme and see if that resolves the issue or if you’re technically skilled, check if the main product image has the id=”image” indicated, cause if it doesn’t the described reason is true.
The last two reasons mentioned above require customization to resolve the compatibility problem, it's enough to purchase $50 installation package to have us take care of any compatibility issues on your end.
I'm using "Meigee Black&White" theme and after installing your extension I don't see the color picker to select a color for the option on the admin end.
The "Meigee Black&White" theme adds its own jscolor library on all the pages overriding Magento native library in the place our extension uses in its functionality. If you purchase Installation package we can resolve that conflict.